Discover the ULTIMATE
To develop "Soft and Fast Hands". Work towards a competency similar to typing or playing the piano, you don't need to look at your stick, hands or puck. It just quickly happens.
Hockey drills can be done with a plastic ball or a puck on or off ice.
- Keep hands away from the body
- Top hand is firm and provides the "magic" to the blade
- Bottom hand is "soft" and slides along the stick like playing a violin
- Angle of the stick to the ice changes as required
1. Increase the Range of Motion
Using the following zones:
dry land training PUCK
- Keep the toes and hips straight ahead
- Roll your wrists like you are "buttering bread"
- Move the "puck" through each zone.
- Eyes open, eyes closed, switch hands / sticks and repeat
Zone 1 - handle the "puck" back and forth and side to side
Zone 2 - handle the "puck" back and forth
Zone 3 - handle the "puck" side to side shoulder width apart
Zone 4 & 5 - wrist across handle the puck back and forth
2. Range, Rythym, Deception